HOW TO RVING BLOG
- RV Shopping? Here are 5 RV Features You Shouldn't Overlook!
Many people approach RV shopping with lists of must-have items and no-go deal breakers. These lists might include outdoor kitchen, extra storage, rig length, or solar readiness.
But in our experience talking with RV owners, there are some very important features that people don't think about until they are out traveling in their rig. We constantly hear our listeners and readers say, "I wish we had thought of _______ while we were shopping."
So we have put together a list of the top 5 features people overlook when buying an RV.next
1. Tank size. You can't see them, so it is easy to forget about them. If you plan on doing any dry camping, or if you plan on staying in state and national parks with limited hook ups, pay attention to tank size. You will want to fill up with fresh water before arrival, and you will want your grey and black water tanks to handle at least a weekend's worth of RV use.
2. Movement/Access with Slides In. One of the benefits of RV ownership is using your own kitchen or bathroom while traveling from point A to point B. So if that is in your game plan, make sure you can actually open the bathroom door and refrigerator door, even when the slides are in. Check access to drawers and cabinets also!
3. Bathroom Size. No one want to be the person who sits on the toilet when RV shopping, so many folks just stick their heads into the bathroom and look around. It's okay to be that person. Also make sure you can stand in the shower. Close the bathroom door to get a better feel for the amount of space you will have when traveling.
4. Doors vs. Curtains. The lightweight or ultra light RVs are perfect for folks with limited tow capacity. But many of these RV models stay light by swapping out doors with curtains. While it may not seem like a big deal, really think about whether you need the privacy of a bedroom door if traveling with the kids or grandkids.
5. Walk-Around Bed. Again, many people feel silly climbing into the beds when RV shopping, but if you are uncomfortable with the bed arrangement at the dealership, imagine how you will feel after a week at the campground. Also consider the ease of bed making. If you can't walk around the mattress, this can become an aerobic feat.
Take it from the thousands of RV owners that we have heard from over the years: paying attention to some of the smaller, less obvious RV features is worth it in the long run.Happy RV shopping!
We have been providing RV service to Sacramento for over 25 years. Located just 10 minutes from downtown Sacramento, our trained technicians are able to service most makes and models of fifth wheels, travel trailers, motorhomes, and any other type of recreational vehicle you might have. We also have a large inventory of RV parts on hand for your RV self-repair projects. In the event that we do not carry a part, we can order it and have it within a few days!read more