HOW TO RVING BLOG
- 5 Reasons Seasonal Camping Might Be Right for You!
- Have you ever thought about becoming a seasonal camper? Seasonal camping is when you reserve one campsite for an extended period of time, and you are free to come and go at your own convenience. Seasonal camping rates and schedules vary greatly from one campground to another, so you will have to do a bit of research to find one that suits your family.
And you will want to start that research today if this sounds interesting, since now is the time of year when many campgrounds book seasonal spots for 2017. Here are five reasons why this RV lifestyle might be right for you.
1. You can't store your RV at home.
Many people are members of Home Owners Associations that do not allow recreation vehicles or boats to be stored in the driveway or yard. If you have to pay storage fees anyway, crunch the numbers on a seasonal spot. It may not cost that much more to find storage and a permanent campsite for your travel trailer or motorhome!
2. You want to camp more than you did last year.
We hear from so many of our podcast listeners that their primary goal is to camp more. Do you love your time at the campground, but find it difficult to make plans and reserve spots in advance? If you have a seasonal site, the RV is parked and waiting. All you have to do is show up with some clean clothes and a bag of groceries!
3. Your work and activity schedules keep you from taking extended vacations or long weekends.
The two-week family vacation has vanished from many workplaces in America, and many RVers struggle even to take a long weekend off. If your job makes is difficult to schedule time off in advance, a seasonal campsite will help you make the most of your brief breaks from the daily grind.
4. You want to maximize time at the campground and minimize packing, setup, and breakdown.
Short weekend getaways become even shorter when you factor in all the preparation and cleanup. When you have a seasonal site, your RV is set up and ready to go when you arrive on a Friday evening after a long weekend at work. A huge bonus is that you do not have to leave on Sunday morning. Sleep in and enjoy that cup of coffee...there are no check out times when you are a seasonal camper!
5. You love spending time in a region or area close to your home.
If there is an area within two hours of your sticks and bricks home that you return to over and over again, look for a seasonal camping spot in that region. It might be a lake, a state park, or the beach. If you can picture your happy place within easy driving distance, that is the perfect spot to park your rig!
If any of these five scenarios describe you, take a look at seasonal camping opportunities in your neck of the woods. It may just transform your RV lifestyle!
We have been providing RV service to Sacramento for over 25 years. Located just 10 minutes from downtown Sacramento, our trained technicians are able to service most makes and models of fifth wheels, travel trailers, motorhomes, and any other type of recreational vehicle you might have. We also have a large inventory of RV parts on hand for your RV self-repair projects. In the event that we do not carry a part, we can order it and have it within a few days!read more