HOW TO RVING BLOG
FANTASTIC RV RESORTS AROUND AMERICA: HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED THIS POPULAR TREND?
Camping used to mean pitching a tent in the woods, and cooking your meals over an open fire. And while you can still find that experience at many state and national parks, a new trend has been emerging along with the record growth of the RV industry: resort campgrounds.
What’s the difference between your average campground and an RV Resort? Two words: activities and amenities. The best ones will have pristinely landscaped RV sites with full hook ups, indoor and outdoor pools, Jacuzzis and saunas, and plenty of lounges and rec rooms. They will also host a full roster of daily activities for adults and kids, as well as restaurants, snack bars, and ice cream shops.
Resort campgrounds are a fantastic place to enjoy all the benefits of the RV lifestyle. Once you park your rig, you don’t even have to venture offsite. In many cases you can start your day off with an adult Zumba class, play in a ping pong tournament during the afternoon, and end your day in the perfect way—toasting s’mores over the campfire with your loved ones.
Here are some of the best reviewed RV resorts from around the country. Make sure you check out their websites to find out what amazing amenities are offered at that particular location.
1. Campland on the Bay in San Diego, California. This beachfront resort offers campers the opportunity to go jet skiing or surfing just steps away from your RV sites. Yoga classes, live music, and sports tournaments will keep you busy all day, and at night you can enjoy dance parties and parades.
2. Jellystone Park in Hill Country, Texas. This Jellystone Park has all the amenities you would expect from a Yogi Bear Park, and then takes it up a couple notches for some extra fun. The outdoor pool and splashpad are world class, and the laser tag tournaments will bring out the kid in even the most stressed out adult.
3. Stone Mountain Park Campground in Atlanta, Georgia. Uniquely located within a state park, this campground has all the bells and whistles with a pool, volleyball court, and playground. The activities in the surrounding park will really blow you away, though. Ride a high-speed cable car up to an historical monument. Explore the rope bridge course that incorporates geysers and fountains or ride the historic railway through the park.
4. Lake in Wood in Narvon, Pennsylvania. This pristine resort has beautifully landscaped sites and impeccably maintained amenities, offering indoor and outdoor pools along with a splash pad for the little ones. The food at the Gnome Café is cooked to order and the ice cream is hand dipped. You can paint pottery in an art class or attend religious services in the on site chapel.
5. Normandy Farms in Foxboro, Massachusetts. This award-winning campground stands out for its well-trained staff and attention to detail seen in all the site facilities. You could go from one organized activity to another all day long, or you can lounge around one of the four pools. Want to go for a thrill ride? Take your mountain bike to the BMX course, but try not to wipe out on the ramps.
Remember, these amazing RV resorts are very popular and book up early during peak vacation times, so if you want a prime spot, reserve in advance. Other than that, your only job is to park your rig, unwind, and enjoy all the amazing activities and amenities the modern RV resort has to offer!